The BC Master Championships shall be an open entry Women’s and open entry Men’s Championship taking place in Parksville from February 21st-26th consisting of a triple knockout preliminary round format and a playoff format based upon the total number of entries (see chart under rule 8G of the 2023 Curl BC General Rules). All games will be 8 ends in length. The successful teams will represent BC at the 2023 Canadian Masters Championships scheduled for April 3rd-9th 2023.
• Players wanting to compete in the 2023 BC Masters will be born on or before Dec 31st, 1962
• If a game is tied after the eight ends allotted, the teams shall play extra ends until a winner is declared.
• During an eight-end game, a mandatory break of five minutes will take place at the conclusion of the fourth end.
• The use of the delivery stick at Masters Competitions is permitted and its use shall be in accordance with Curling Canada Rules for General Play Section 18.
• Teams may designate a fifth player for BC Competitions only. Fifth players are permitted at National events
• Team are responsible for 100% of the cost to participate in National Championships
• Seeding of teams for preliminary round will only be done for teams who made the playoffs in the 2022 BC Masters Championships and are returning with 3 of 5 players for the 2023 Masters.
• All other teams shall be seeded in preliminary round draw by double blind draw.