The BC Mixed Championship shall be an open entry championship taking place in Penticton from February 28th- March 5th, 2023 consisting of a triple knockout preliminary round format and a playoff format based on the total number of entries (see chart under Rule 8G). Each game will be 8 ends in length. The successful team will represent BC at the Canadian Mixed Championships, November 5th-11th, 2023.
• Team shall be made up of two male and two female players and the male and female players shall play alternate positions. The player delivering last stone and the player acting as vice skip shall be opposite genders.
• The following are the two (2) accepted team position/delivery rotations for 4-person mixed competitions:
(1) Male Lead (first thrower and sweeps delivered stones 3-8), female second (second thrower and sweeps stone 1-2 and 5-8) male third (third thrower and sweeps delivered stones 1-4) female skip (fourth thrower)
(2) Female lead (first thrower and sweeps delivered stones 3-8), male second (second thrower and sweeps stones 1-2 and 5-8) female third (third thrower and sweeps stones 1-4) male skip (fourth thrower
• If a game is tied after the 8-ends allotted, the teams shall play extra ends until a winner is declared.
• a mandatory break of five minutes shall take place at the conclusion of the fourth end.
• teams are not permitted to have a fifth player.
• Seeding of teams for preliminary round will only be done for teams who made the playoffs in the 2022 BC Mixed Championships and are returning with 3 of 5 players for the 2023 Mixed.
• All other teams shall be seeded in preliminary round draw by double blind draw.