The BC Senior Championships shall be an open women’s and open men’s championship taking place from March 21st-26th, 2023 with a triple knockout preliminary round format and a playoff format that is based upon the total number of entries (see chart under rule 8G of the 2023 Curl BC General Rules). Games will be 8 ends in length. The successful teams will represent BC at the 2023 Canadian Seniors, November 27th-December 2nd, 2023.
• Players wanting to compete in the 2023 BC Seniors will be born on or before June 30, 1973.
• If a game is tied after the eight ends allotted, the teams shall play extra ends until a winner is declared.
• During an eight-end game, a mandatory break of five minutes shall take place at the conclusion of the fourth end.
• Teams may designate a fifth player for BC Competitions. Fifth players are permitted at national events at the team’s expense.
• Seeding of teams for preliminary round will only be done for team who made playoffs in the 2022 BC Seniors and are returning with 3 of 5 player for the 2023 BC Seniors.
• All other teams shall be seeded into the preliminary round draw by double blind draw.