The BC Club Championships shall be a 6-day open entry Women’s and Men’s championship taking place in Abbotsford from March 28th- April 2nd , 2023 consisting of a triple knockout preliminary round format and a playoff format that is based upon the total number of entries (see chart under rule 8G of the 2023 Curl BC General Rules for playoff formats based on field sizes). Teams will play 8 end games. The successful teams will represent BC at the 2023 Club Championship Nationals November 19th-26th, 2023.
• The curling club represented by each team shall be affiliated with Curl BC, in good standing, and all applicable dues paid in full.
• Each four-person team is allowed to have one (1) player who, during the previous three (3) curling seasons, has participated in; and/or, the Canada Cup; and/or, the Continental Cup; and/or, the Under-21; and/or, the Tournament of Hearts; and/or, the Brier; and/or; and/or, the Under-18; and/or, the Canadian Wheelchair; and/or, any Canadian Trials or Pre-Trials event; or any provincial / territorial event leading to these events. This same player can have played in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Grand Slam event in the previous three (3) curling seasons.
• A team must field three of the four original players for each game played at any level of the Curling Club Championships. “Original” means signed up and registered for league play in their club, OR signed up and registered for a special curling club championship qualifying event created within their club (with the permission of their Member Association). If an “Original” team only has three players, then those three players must be on the ice at all times up to and including the national championships.
• In this category only a 5th player may compete at any level of competition including the National Championships. They shall play the lead position throwing the first two stones of any and all ends for their team and sweeping delivered stones numbered 3-8. No exceptions. Any 5th player costs will be the responsibility of the team.
• Please refer to the national rules for detailed eligibility requirements, which are appendices to this document as of August 1st, 2022.