The BC Wheelchair Championship shall be an open entry event taking place in Richmond from December 9th-11th, 2022. The format for the preliminary round will be a triple knockout format and the playoff round format will be based on the total number of entries (see chart under rule 8G of the 2023 Curl BC General Rules). Games will be 8 ends in length. The successful team will represent BC at the 2023 Canadian Wheelchair Championships, March 19th-25th, 2023 in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
• Teams may be comprised of eligible players from any zone in the province.
NOTE: In the event that BC cannot field a team for a national competition from within the province, Curl BC can now request an exemption to the residency rule in this category.
• Teams shall have at least one member of each gender.
• no team shall be required to play more than two games per day.
• If a game is tied after the eight ends allotted, the teams shall play extra ends until a winner is declared.
• Each team will receive 38 minutes of thinking time.
• During an eight-end game, a mandatory break of five minutes will take place at the conclusion of the fourth end.
• Fifth players are permitted at all levels of play up to and including national events.
• Seeding of teams for preliminary round will only be done for teams who made the playoffs in the 2020 BC Wheelchair Championships and are returning with 3 of 5 players for the 2023 BC Wheelchair Championships
• All other teams shall be seeded in preliminary round draw by double blind draw.